[CentOS-devel] [C6] cr/SRPMS/Packages/ empty

Tue Oct 25 13:14:48 UTC 2011
me at tdiehl.org <me at tdiehl.org>

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:

>> I'm waiting for kernel-2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.src.rpm .
>
> We have enough ( but barely enough ) space on the mirrors for
> 6.0/cr/SRPMS; however that would then mean that we no longer have enough
> space to get 6.1 on there.
>
> So just to keep with the theme of things, what is the feeling if I were :
> - to drop the CR/SRPMS into vault.c.o
> - add a .repo stanza into the centos-release-cr rpm with a [sources]
> pointing to the right place

I think that is a good idea. It should not matter to anyone where the srpms are
physically located as long as they are accessible.

In addition, given that the sprms used to build most of the distro are
unmodified from the upstream versions, do you even need to distribute
them? Since I am not a lawyer I do not know the answer but it would seem
to me that if you made the srpms you modify available that would be good
enough.

I am sure some lawyer wannabee will complain about this. People always seem to
find something to whine about but if you could do that it would save a bunch
of disk space. Which is a good thing IMO.

Just my $.02

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org