[CentOS-devel] [C6] cr/SRPMS/Packages/ empty

Thu Oct 27 03:57:17 UTC 2011
Tetsuo Handa <from-centos at I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH is the one that is mandatory for TOMOYO 2.x but breaks the
> kABI.

My apologies. I was misunderstanding. I was assuming that making changes in
"struct security_operations" breaks the kABI. But it seems it does not.

I've just rebuilt kernel-2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.i686.rpm with TOMOYO 1.x/2.x.
rpmbuild with kabi checks enabled did not fail.

The only difference in symvers-2.6.32-131.12.1.el6.i686.gz between stock
CentOS's kernel and CentOS + TOMOYO 1.8 kernel was

  + 0x0b6d773e    ccsecurity_ops  vmlinux EXPORT_SYMBOL

. The only difference in symvers-2.6.32-131.12.1.el6.i686.gz between stock
CentOS's kernel and CentOS + TOMOYO 2.2 (CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH=y +
CONFIG_SECURITY_TOMOYO=y) kernel was

  + 0xfc4d6f3e    security_path_mknod     vmlinux EXPORT_SYMBOL

. TOMOYO added one new symbol but didn't change existing symbols.

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> In this case, the cplus kernel can accommodate TOMOYO 1.x. Can you
> think of any reason it cannot? Anything else to consider?

Does the cplus kernel accept source code not within RHEL's kernel SRPM?
I thought the cplus kenrel does not. If it doesn't, TOMOYO 2.2 is OK for now
but will require build fix patch when RCU path walk patchset is backported.

> On a not so important subject, is TOMOYO written as 友代, and AKARI as 明 ? 灯り ?

TOMOYO is 知世 from Card Captor Sakura, AKARI is 灯里 from ARIA.