[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.7 has no centos-release-cr package

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Sep 23 20:25:20 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 08:16 PM, Ben Galliart wrote:
> On 09/17/2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> Now back to the question on hand, centos-release-cr in 5.7..
>
>> Perhaps the best place for the centos-release-cr is in the updates/
>> repo, rather than the /cr/ repo, since that way it would further reduce
>> the barrier for people to opt-in, a simple 'yum install
>> centos-releae-cr' would get them on the track, and keep them there till
>> such time as they want to opt-out.
>
> Is there any ETA as to when this could be done or at least decided on?

There is no need to upgrade anything.  If you installed the package, you
are on CR ... then and now.

The CentOS-CR repo points to /5/cr/ (which is 5.7 now and was 5.6 when
the repo file was released).

It (/cr/) is currently empty because 5.7/os and 5.7/updates contain all
the RPMS that are required to update from 5.6 (or any other version of
CentOS).

When 5.8 is released, the RPMs that are part of 5.8 will get put into
the /5.7/cr/ and allow people who are opted in to get the updates before
the 5.8 release.

I think maybe putting the RPM in "extras", so it is easier to install is
doable ... but not a huge issue.

In fact, I have put it there.  centos-release-cr is now in extras.

You can install it from there once the mirrors sync it up.