[CentOS-devel] info on cr announce list

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 1 10:12:03 UTC 2011

Hi Blake,

On 08/30/2011 08:02 PM, Blake Dunlap wrote:
> Actually, I wouldn't say that. The archive pages are just as much of a
> parse target as the lists themselves.

right, I've just setup the entire 5.6/cr stuff to announce though a
script. its going to use the same format as the regular centos-5
announcements.

The only negative in doing things in this manner is that when the same
rpm set is released into os/ and updates/ we will end up with dupe
content, and no real way to update the archive for the announce-cr list.
ie: it would have been nice to have a mechanism that would workout and
add something in <blink>this announcement superseded by that
announcement</blink>; But that needs quite a bit more work

- KB