[CentOS-devel] source missing from 5.7 release

Florian La Roche

Florian.LaRoche at gmx.net
Wed Sep 21 12:45:09 UTC 2011

Hello Johnny Hughes,

> We are completely out of space on several of our infrastructure mirrors

That's really bad.

> ... so we are putting all the 5.7 SRPMS in the vault for the time being
> (so we can have room for getting 6.1 released).
>
> You should be able to get any 5.7 SRPMS from here:
>
> http://vault.centos.org/5.7/os/SRPMS/
>
> or from one of the other branches like updates/SRPMS/, etc.
>
> We are sorry for any inconvenience, but since we started doing CR repos,
> space requirements have increased drastically.

I've seen rpms being deleted over the last days and think it is great to
have CentOS require only little mirror space, even if then only the release
level and e.g. newest update levels are available. It is ok to go to
a special site for debugging purposes and older levels.

With src.rpms: they vanished, got copied out several times and other stuff,
so I wasn't sure where the problem really was.

thanks and best regards,

Florian La Roche