[CentOS-devel] How Centos compiles SRPMs from Red Hat

Thu Apr 12 19:29:28 UTC 2012
Charlie Brady <charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au>

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 04/06/2012 08:38 PM, Peter Penzov wrote:
> > Do you have internal manual or a guide that you can share?
>
> well, converting srpms to rpms is covered by 'man rpmbuild', everything
> on top of that is to suit taste or process. Or: if just a case of
> grabbing the srpm and then :
>
> rpmbuild -ba <srpm>

Are you being disingenuous? The original question in this thread was:

 I'm interested how Centos Team changes and compiles SRPMs from Red Hat?

So *you* just do "rpmbuild -ba <srpm>", do you?