[CentOS-devel] Forums

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Wed Aug 8 16:10:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 04:30 PM, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>> I think something like that (Q&A type software) can be nice, but it is
>> not great for a back-and-forth discussion about an issue; e.g. when
>> people ask a more general question, or it's not a simple answer.
>
> So, are you saying that we could/should have a Q&A type subsite as well
> ? or should we not bother ?

I think having a Q&A type site should be in addition to the forum, not
a replacement.  That's assuming that people think the Q&A
functionality is worth it.  It may be that some forum software could
be configured to have a specific Q&A sub-forum (or something along
those lines), I don't know for sure.  I'd be willing to research that
some if needed.

-Jeff