[CentOS-devel] yum-security and CentOS-5 / 6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:04:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>>> That's probably what 90% of people will be happy with.
>
> interesting. are you saying that most people are not interested in
> tracking specific CVE's etc ?

I think I missed the basic premise here.  The specifics only matter
when you don't have a known fix installed.  Separating things isn't
the point so much as just getting them in the update stream so normal
updates install them.   Is this for the special case where normal
updates are backed up from build issues at a point/version release -
or to help where people don't want updates to fix bugs unless they are
security-related?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com