[CentOS-devel] please add vnconfig to minimal install CD

Matthew Patton mpatton at inforelay.com
Fri Aug 17 21:45:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:30:16 -0400, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
wrote:

> Secondly, I did google "add vlan to an interface centos" and the first 5
> hits all talk about using the sysconfig scripts

which is irrelevant. ifcfg scripts require the specially formatted files
to exist or be generated via NOW documents. Dynamic environments don't
hard code things like that.

> So with that in mind, fancy trying again ?

pretty please can we put this in the minimal distro? *beg*
Having multiple copies of a 4G DVD iSO (I have sites all over the place)
really burns a lot of disk for no good reason. Or maybe "disk1" should be
like RHEL of yore? About <600MB and it had everything reasonable to expect
of a basic system?

While I'm at it, a minimal system shouldn't be lacking the following IMO.

bind-utils
ntp
nc
man (the packages install all the manpages, so why not a way to read them?)
wget

--
Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)