[CentOS-devel] mod_security for CentOS-5 and CentOS-6

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Aug 24 20:47:34 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 12:45 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
>> CentOS-6.  Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
>> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
>> mod_security.
>>
>> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
>> released or fixed if there are issues.
>
> In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe?  Are there
> any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
> certain production environments?
>
> --keith

This is the latest version of mod_security and the latest version of the
CRS rule set.  It should be absolutely fine to use in production ...
assuming no bugs :D

The SPEC file is the one used for Fedora 17, but this is a newer version
of mod_security than they have there.

I think it is good to go, but we won't know for sure until we get it
tested.