[CentOS-devel] Updating The CentOS Artwork Repository

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:42:27 UTC 2012

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
> That sounds great! Is there anything that we can do to help with that
> 5KB/s situation ?

Karan,

I was thinking a bit more about your kind proposition of help.

I don't see any possible way in Cuba of having a higher connection speed
from home right now, but you (and others) could help me to maintain the
one I am able to use by sending monetary donations to my Caribbean
Transfer debit card through www.cash2cuban.com or
www.caribbeantransfers.com web sites.

The how to donate information could be added to my personal wiki page so
everyone knows how to proceed on donations.

For the matter of numbers, consider that 60 hours of a full Internet
commutated connection with 5KB of average speed is available for foreign
people only, at a cost of 50 CUC (see
http://home.enet.cu/informaciones/tarifas.htm) per moth. However,
because I'm Cuban not a foreign person, I cannot buy myself the Internet
account directly to the ISP[1] and need to pay it through a foreign
people whom may charge between 40 and 70 CUC of additional cost for
it[2]. Thus, the final cost for this sort of connection is found between
90 and 120 CUC a month.

Karan, thank you so much for interesting in this.

[1]: This is a politic of ETECSA (www.etecsa.cu), the ISP of Cuba.
[2]: This depends of the foreign person you find. Specially, if there
are several persons between the foreign person whom buy the account to
the ISP and the person whom sell the account to you.
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>