[CentOS-devel] Interested in IA64 build.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Aug 31 19:09:00 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 08:19:36 PM Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 08/29/2012 08:44 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 06:24:02 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> [rebuidling c5 on ia64] should be fairly straightforward - the yum ( mx actually ) issues
> >> that i ran into way back when, are also resolved now. But, is there any
> >> interest ?
> >
> > FWIW, I now have a working mock setup on the Altix box
>
> Have a look at mockchain. Quite helpful when building a large amount of
> SRPMs:

Thanks for the pointer, I will.

I'm still in the testing phase and haven't attempted to kick off a large build yet; making sure the building is going to be consistent, tracking down errors, etc.  The most disconcerting error I've received was a Segfault from the compiler while attempting to rebuild glibc (with -j16, since I have more than 16 CPUs in the box) which I'm rebuilding with -j1 to make sure I'm not hitting some odd race condition(s).  And I'm getting some odd errors while trying to rebuild the kernel; I may need to tweak the rpm options (the errors are of the form "Error: junk at the end of line" so not sure what to make of that.

It may be some hardware diagnostics will be in order; but before I kick off a large set of builds I want to make sure the system is going to be solid doing those builds.

I may try to build the set of updates first, and then try to respin C5.8 after that.  It will probably take some time....