[CentOS-devel] Updating The CentOS Artwork Repository

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:03:44 UTC 2012

hi Guys,

I already began to download a working copy of The CentOS Artwork
Repository with the intention of committing up the changes I've been
working on through these last 3 years and this way, put in place all the
information you need to test, verify and validate the work. I'm using a
slow commutated connection with an average speed of 5KB/s but things are
going on. I think the new directory structure should be online to the
end of this month, if everything goes as planned so far.

The CentOS Artwork Repository has changed significantly from that
version currently online to that one I pretend to share this month. The
directory structure currently online suffered significant changes as to
be completely replaced. A preview of the new directory structure I want
to share is in the following file:

http://wiki.centos.org/AlainRegueraDelgado?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=tcar.tree.bz2

I would like to know what do we do with the old directory structure
currently available online (https://projects.centos.org/svn/artwork/)?
Do we remove it completely in the sake of the new one, or do we preserve
it in some other place (maybe under tags/)? ...

Once all the information be online and ready to be used, my plan is to
update the wiki page (http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork) to introduce the
changes and the steps you need to follow in order to test the new
directory structure of The CentOS Artwork Repository. This info might
probably answer some of the questions laying around.

Best Regards,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>