[CentOS-devel] Forums

Wed Aug 8 21:48:35 UTC 2012

hi,

On 08/08/2012 09:39 PM, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> in an up-to-date forum software. The data migration might be the
> stumbling block since I get the impression that xoops/newbb boards are
> not exactly widely deployed.

Last week I had a look at the code, and what it does to the mysql db at
the backend. Extracting the forum's, their metadata and mapping that to
threads and posts seems fairly straight forward. The actual Subject +
message body in every case is extractable and linking that upto users is
also possible. This is, the extraction process.

Importing this into whatever is the new system decided on then will need
to be considered.

I think for now we can drop the ldap requirement, none of the other
properties have ldap in place either. The point at which we move, all
users will need to reset passwords. Worse case scenario is that they
will need to do the same whenever we moved to a centralised auth layer (
which might still be a long way off ).

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax