[CentOS-devel] Update announcements

Tue Aug 21 15:29:25 UTC 2012
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>

Am 20.08.2012 17:20, schrieb Johnny Hughes:
> The issue is, I have no way to have an index number.  I can't use the
> next one or it will step on the next upstream update.  We are figuring
> out how we can do this and still make it work with our upcoming
> yum-security release too.

Yep. That was one of my points.

> This is something that we do very infrequently, but now that we are also
> going to do yum-security, it is something we need to do correctly.

That's what I brought it up.
And while you're at it: we need a fix for the centosplus and extras
repositories. There are security related releases done there, too.

> I would point out that Red Hat only announces security updates on their
> list, not BA's or EA's, and no one seems to have a problem with that :)

For Red Hat the announce-list is a second information distribution
channel. Primary info is in the customer portal.
For CentOS the announce-list is the one and only information channel and
people believe it to contain all information.

Regards,
Andreas
--
Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG