[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6.2 New Kernel Issues

Jonathan Vomacka juvix88 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 00:11:23 UTC 2012

CentOS 6.2 Community / Developers,

Are there any known issues with the latest Kernel on CentOS 6.2? I
performed a yum update and the kernel downloaded. When the system
rebooted I started having intermittent latency issues when trying to
perform certain commands on the system such as top or ls -ltr, etc. I
was having extreme latency getting to root. I am unsure if there is a
hardware compat issue but I found my server in kernel PANIC mode the
next day and was unable to login entirely. Has this been reported before?