[CentOS-devel] Dual Layer DVD iso for 6.3 / 5.8

Mon Feb 6 20:43:12 UTC 2012
Marko Bevc <marko at bevc.net>

Hi,

I thinks it is a nice move. Thumbs up, but we should also keep standard
DVD images for leagcy issues. Most of the servers (older) are still
equiped with DVDs (or maybe even CD-roms :)) I also do not see any problem
providing for both types of images...besides obvious one - more disk space
;)

Regards,
Marko

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Karanbir
Singh wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> there were some great conversations and ideas that came from the Fosdem
> weekend, over the next few days I'll try and summarise as many as I can
> and get some conversations started around the ideas.
>
> One thing that came up a few times, and Andreas mentioned as well, was
> that it might be a good idea to produce a single DVD iso, suitable for
> use on large dual layer DVD's as they are now starting to become more
> popular.
>
> Its fairly easy to do, however I would not be all that keen on exporting
> that via the regular mirrors. Therefore expanding the idea a bit :
>
> - Should we consider doing CD isos as well as dual layer DVD ones ?
>
> - Should we consider only having these two media formats available via
> torrent ?

believed to be clean.