[CentOS-devel] mirror setup/layout

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Jan 5 16:19:06 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 03:07 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> Hi list
> I'm mirroring some centos trees for my site.
> I've seen that currently the (for example) 6 directory links to the 6.2
> directory.
> How about reversing that: let 6 always contain the latest and let 6.2
> (latest) link to the 6 (base)?

It is much easier to populate 6.x and then just change symlink. In your
suggestion, they would have to move all files from 6 to 6.x, then
populate 6 with new files. during that last period, we would not be able
to use yum.

> There is at least the advantage (for me) that I only have to rsync a
> single tree (base). Also I think it's much clearer :-)

I only sync 6 , not 6.x. There is no need if you anly want latest. 6
anyway points to latest 6.x, I do not see what your problem can bee.

Actually, I use mrepo and ISO files for base repo, and rsync only
updates, and other repo's.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers