[CentOS-devel] What name would be acceptable for Desktop version of CentOS?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri Jan 20 17:34:40 UTC 2012

Dear developers of CentOS, I plan to create/start Desktop
version/fork/respin of CentOS, practically just to add useful packages,
modified repository with prioritized third-party repositories, maybe few
tweaks, and built ISO and repositories, so we are not limited to messing
with manually adding third-party repositories and dealing with
dependency problems. Basic repositories will remain from CentOS project.

I plan to latter on ask about endorsement, maybe even hosting/mirroring
project or even running it under the CentOS project flag. I will have to
formulate my goals for the project and see how it resonates with you,
developers of CentOS.

For the time being, to keep the ball rolling, I have question about the
name that you find acceptable (even in the case that I can not find
common ground with CentOS project and it remains on the sidelines):

1. CentDOS (Community Enterprize Desktop Operating System)
2. DentOS  (Desktop Enterprize Operating System)
3. CentOS-DE (Community Enterprize Operating System - Desktop Edition)
4. Any new suggestion?

I personally and few other people like the first name, CentDOS.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers
Serbia, Europe