[CentOS-devel] What name would be acceptable for Desktop version of CentOS?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri Jan 20 19:51:23 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 08:07 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic<office at plnet.rs>  wrote:
>
>> My wish is to create LiveDVD, and even regular install ISO's with at
>> least ElRepo driver packages,
>
> You might remember this story:
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/centos-based-livecd-at-froscon

No, I was not aware of this. Even though I was building my own repo and
packages at that time, I think I became more active on CentOS mailing
list (and following more closely events) only after that time frame.

But that is exactly what I would like to see. I've created my own LiveCD
for 5.3 2 months after that event with mdadm and LVM support, GParted,
Krusader, mc, Skype (I think) and other packages so I have disaster
recovery CD able to perform all desktop functions including
communication and net surfing. I still carry it with me until I
supersede it with 6.x version (but not replace it, for older PC's).

I see that this threatens to turn from name audition to discussion, So I
offer following solution:

1. All of you think about what name would be acceptable for CentOS
sponsored project (if such desire exists), and what would be acceptable
for separate project (headed by me for example).

2. I will write the text, in next 7 days, that will embody my vision for
CentOS based fork(s?), and then we can discuss it in detail. At the
moment I have to answer about my envision without comprehensive
overview, and it could become a very long thread.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...