[CentOS-devel] pulp as a private mirror resource

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jan 28 14:15:24 UTC 2012

On 01/27/2012 04:13 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
> I've been looking at using pulp ( pulpproject.org ) as a means to
> promote rpms into the evolving repos ( updates/ extras/ plus/ etc ) as
> opposed to static repos ( os/ ). So that people running large infra do
> not need to rely on the msync targets, leaving those available for
> public mirror use.
> This is very much a spike test to see if pulp is usable for such a role.
> The thinking is that there is a .centos.org hosted pulp master ( or a
> few ) and Content nodes in various geo distributed places, with every
> one wanting to run a private mirror just bringing up a content node,
> associating it with the repo's they care about and letting that content
> instance sync on schedule. removing the need to repo-manage completely.
> The pulp project guys have been very very receptive of constructive
> criticism and have even offered to take up some of the recommendations I
> had, as feature requests.  So even if we do find there are massive holes
> that are not filled in a way by pulp today, there might be scope for
> them to find workarounds or even see if they can find suitable fix's
> I have asked on IRC and the main list for people who might be willing to
> help trial and evaluate this process, but havent been able to get much
> support. So asking here as well, anyone with a few machines willing to
> spend a few hours working out the issues that such a setup might have ?
> - KB

It seams that I would have use for this project, so I will try to find
some time to help out. I will not promise anything, but I AM interested
in this.

First off, I will study the docs and then probably create one server
instance to see how this works.

Do you have server set up? Any time frame so I can decide what and when
I could set aside some time?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers