[CentOS-devel] What name would be acceptable for Desktop version of CentOS?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

office at plnet.rs
Sun Jan 22 20:18:11 UTC 2012

On 01/21/2012 01:19 AM, lowlux wrote:
> I tried building a desktop spin, There is no software to make a spin, I
> tried using refracta, but failed to get it work or figure out how to
> port it over, I tried other methods but all failed,

First part will be repo rpm for online conversion to "new OS", and
virtual rpm's to install additional apps/packages. That is very close,
first versions can be released in few days once I choose the name.

The next step would be to push LiveDVD ISO, which will not be a problem,
I already have configs from official LiveDVD. This could be out in a
week from decision about a name.

The problem will be with distribution, I do not have bandwidth to serve
ISO downloads, but will provide torrents.

The third stage will be adding rpm's to existing ISO with changing the
"index" files. Someone already posted a e-mail about it (centos-users ml
I think).

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)