[CentOS-devel] What name would be acceptable for Desktop version of CentOS?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

office at plnet.rs
Mon Jan 23 20:52:06 UTC 2012

On 01/23/2012 05:28 PM, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 23.1.2012 15:36, Ljubomir Ljubojevic napsal(a):
>> All 3rd party repos have their own pace. RepoForge for instance does
>> not care what happens in EPEL. I see a need for possible "override of
>> certain packages in "master" repository for the "desktop distro" so
>> upgrade and install paths are stable.
>
> So, Epel does so?
> DH

Yury and David, forgive me for not being thorough in my statement.
I do not accuse RepoForge of anything, all of you guys there do your
best and I appreciate it. Bad choice of words. And I especially should
have limited this statement to audio/video codec subsistem (gstreamer
particularly). My sincere apologies. But you have to concede that
consequence for noob user is the same regardless of the cause.

I wanted to explain that with conflicts between aTrpms, RepoForge and
EPEL (and others) regular user must have larger knowledge how to resolve
those conflicts via yum commands.

I regard EPEL as second level repository (base/updates/centosplus/extras
and ElRepo are first), RepoForge third level repository and aTrpms forth
level repository (compiling/rebuilding environment issues and other
stuff). That is why I singled out RepoForge and not some other repository.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...