[CentOS-devel] Automating Artwork Production

Steven Crothers steven.crothers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:21:12 UTC 2012

I'm assuming all these graphics are placeholders and not the final product?

Also, there seems to be a few problems with the code, they're overly
simple mistakes (make sure to test perhaps?)

In Apps/page.py at 536 you actually use the character for a copyright
symbol. This is improper, W3 Schools has a few really great tutorials
for web design for beginners [1].

In Apps/page.py at 144 you improperly call the configuration parser,
specifically you are calling an object directly. How did this work in
your test environment exactly? It doesn't quite conform to the current
Python version, or how the module was designed [2].

In Apps/page.py at 257 you area also using the config parser (again,
improperly since you never even attempted to load a configuration
before using its values [3], odd, now sure how that worked in testing
either).

I stopped attempting to run the code after this point, because it
appears that it is beyond repair, unusable and and simply does not
conform to any known standard of writing code.

I'm afraid this email will not reach you in time to prevent you from
making additional mistakes, but perhaps when you get the internet back
again you can utilize the few links I've included in this email to
develop properly.
If this email seems condescending in anyway, it's probably because it
is. I'm actually a little distressed that a completely non-working
model has been submitted publicly to the list as an actual response to
the need for a new site. It also appears that sometime between now and
March 1st of last year, all the existing discussion appears to have
been thrown out. I don't recall there being a discussion on the list
about /this/ particular direction with the site (in terms of extreme
brokenness, it was expected that something functional would be
designed).

It does appear however that a new group of people will have to be put
together in order to develop the new site, I'm expecting though that
because you are "Artwork SIG Lead" [4] you will be personally biased
against the idea of another submission.

I suppose this can now conclude my stance on this submission of
"artwork" to the list and its attempt to be accepted by the list.

1. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp
2. http://docs.python.org/library/configparser.html
3. http://docs.python.org/library/configparser.html#ConfigParser.RawConfigParser.read
4. http://wiki.centos.org/Team