[CentOS-devel] How get a spec file with all macros expanded

Tue Mar 27 12:37:33 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/27/2012 05:56 AM, Marcos Lois Bermúdez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building some packages using CentOS 6, and i have a question that i
> can't get answer for, i think that is a common task in rpm build that
> will get some info that will help in automate some process.
>
> I need to get a spec file with all macro exanded, so i can extract info
> of buildrequires, etc..

If you want to know the buildrequries, you can do this to with the SRPM:

rpm -qp --requires <name>.src.rpm

You can also extract the spec file directly with the command and then do
things with sed or grep to that file:

rpm2cpio <name>.src.rpm | cpio -i *.spec

You can also see all the macro information for rpm with the command:

rpmbuild --showrc