[CentOS-devel] about cc-eal4-config-rhel62

An Yang

an.euroford at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:05:21 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-06  06:47 -0600,Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On 11/06/2012 03:07 AM, An Yang wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Redhat announced that RHEL6 got EAL4+ certification at last week, and
> > Redhat released cc-eal4-config-rhel62-0.33-1.noarch.rpm in RHEL6's repo,
> > I think CentOS6.2 should got the same EAL4+ security level.
> > Is that possible to add this package in CentOS6's repo?
> >
> > Bests,
> > An Yang
>
> Reproducing the bits is not reproducing the certification ... becoming
> EAL4+ certified is a hugely expensive proposition.

What in the package are only the configure files and an evaluation
guide, and with these guide, the users of CentOS will have an easiest
way to secure their servers.
I think just putting this package in CentOS' repo do not mean CentOS
have any relationship with the certification of EAL4+, and just let the
users know CentOS got all the capabilities of EAL4+ security level.