[CentOS-devel] Interested in IA64 build.

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Thu Oct 4 16:18:12 UTC 2012

On Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:57:35 AM R P Herrold wrote:
> Go, Lamar, go

Oh, pshaw....

As of lunchtime, here's the status (there are 218 source packages in the 5.5->5.6 update):

[lowen at winterstar ~]$ buildstatus56
No IA64 target:         3
No Package Found:       0
Scratch total:          4
Built binaries:         118
Built SRPMS:            43
[lowen at winterstar ~]$

(I was expecting those 'No IA64 Target' errors).  20% through, going by just the number of source packages and not by time-to-compile.  The kernel, glibc, and gcc have yet to build, and they take a while; as does the current package being built, tomcat5.....

The buildstatus56 script is very rudimentary, and rough around the edges...it won't tell me that builds are done, for instance, but I tail the nohup.out from the build for that.  Anyway, the script:

[lowen at winterstar ~]$ cat /usr/local/bin/buildstatus56
#!/bin/sh
SMOCK=/opt/build/public_html/smock/yum
pushd $SMOCK >/dev/null
echo -n -e "No IA64 target: \t"
egrep -r -l "Architecture.is.(not.in|ex)cluded" scratch |cut -d "/" -f  2|wc -l
echo -n -e "No Package Found: \t"
egrep -r -l "No.Package.found" scratch |cut -d "/" -f 2|wc -l
echo -e -n "Scratch total:\t\t"
ls scratch|wc -l
echo -n -e "Built binaries:\t\t"
ls centos-56/ia64/RPMS/*.rpm|wc -l
echo -n -e "Built SRPMS:\t\t"
ls centos-56/src/SRPMS/*.rpm|wc -l
popd >/dev/null
[lowen at winterstar ~]$

No magic there, just basic sysadmin know-how from experience with Unix systems since 1987.... :-P

The key piece of my build setup is smock.pl.  I'll be posting some time this afternoon more details on my setup, inlcuding a rough outline of the process I have thus far used (once I am satisfied that my process looks like it might actually work, that is, since I haven't gotten up to 5.6 yet.....).

And it *is* a manual process; there are steps that I have used that would be difficult to automate in any reasonable manner.

But that's for another e-mail.....