[CentOS-devel] Net Install ISO

Chandana De Silva

chandana at desilva.id.au
Sat Oct 6 02:16:50 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I need to create a slightly modified Centos 6.3 Net Install ISO. The
modification is trivial, (a default kickstart in isolinux.cfg). I have
created a new ISO by loopback mounting the original, copying to a new
directory, editing and using mkisofs, and it works as expected.

This is how I made the new ISO:

<code>
cd my_install_directory
sudo mkisofs -o ~/centos63-ks.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J
-v -T  .
</code>

However, I an unable to copy this new ISO into a USB disk using dd, in
the same manner as the original net install iso. I believe this is
because the new ISO does not include an MBR. How do I include an MBR in
the new ISO, so that it can be transferred to a USB disk via DD, in the
same way as the original ?

Thanks in advance

Chandana