[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Thu Sep 13 22:36:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:53:11AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Right. Only that you KNEW what to google for. Incidentally you also took
> for granted that the package name is "epel-release".

Google for "epel on centos" or "hwo to use epel with centos" or anything
else and you will get the same results.

> If only that was true...

And that's centos' problem... how?  Again, re-thinking of career paths
comes to mind.

I'm not trying to single you out here, Manuel, even though it probably
seems like it from the thread, and my apologies if you think I am.  I
just don't see any merit to this idea whatsoever; it's an idiotic one
from the get-go.  Either people are able to cope with a real OS or they
are not.  Catering to those that aren't is just going to increase
support burdens on people on the lists and irc channels for little, if
any, positive outcome.

Adding a repo is not rocket science.  If there are issues then fix the
centos wiki.  But from my last read of that page it should be pretty
straight-forward if people read and follow links where needed.

							John
--
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves.

-- John Boynton Priestley (1894-1984), English playwright, novelist, and
   broadcaster