[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

John R. Dennison

jrd at gerdesas.com
Thu Sep 13 22:21:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:33:54AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Some do want to use at install time. Others just want a torrent client,
> or additional codecs, or a sip client and all they need is along "yum
> install twinkle". They have never heard of chef / puppet / PXE and they
> could not care less. For THOSE people a yum install epel-release && yum
> install $WHATEVER is what they are looking for

And they already have that ability by downloading the appropriate
release package for the repo and installing it as per directions on the
repo's site or from the centos wiki documentation.

> That's not a reason to spook them away though.

This is an enterprise distro.  I will paraphrase what I said earlier: if
they can't figure it out perhaps it's a good time to re-think their
career path.

							John
--
In a free society the state does not administer the affairs of men.  It
administers justice among men who conduct their own affairs.

-- Walter Lippmann (1889-1974), "An Inquiry into the Principles of the
   Good Society" (1937)