[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

John R. Dennison

jrd at gerdesas.com
Thu Sep 13 22:24:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:41:01AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Disabling the repo brings only additional headaches. I already see the
> questions in IRC: "I've installed the release rpm but I still can not
> install any package from the repo. Why is that ?"

Because they've not taken the time to investigate on their own.  Because
they've not taken the time to read man yum.conf.  Because if centos
doesn't ship it support gets punted to the repo channel or mailing list
in question for them to deal with.

> Exactly . Ship the current $repo-release in centos-extras. Similar to
> what SL does for several repos and to what IUS does for EPEL as well.

Who cares what SL does?  Who cares what IUS does?

							John
--
Basic research is when I am doing what I don't know what I am doing.

-- Wernher von Braun (1912-1977), German-born rocket scientist,
   in an interview in the New York Times, 16 December 1957