[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

κiζs飛ゞ揚

631461345 at qq.com
Thu Sep 13 16:04:23 UTC 2012

Who are you? publishers?

From:  "Karanbir Singh"<mail-lists at karan.org>;
Date:  Thu, Sep 13, 2012 11:32 PM

Subject:  [CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

hi guys,

One bit of feedback at LinuxCon this year from people was that we should
ship epel with a lower barrier to entry. And I have mixed feelings about
that. But I wanted to know what everyone else thinks about :

1) Shipping epel-release in CentOS-Extras, so its installable, usable
out of the box.

2) Shipping epel-release in the distro itself, with the epel repos's
enabled=false. This is the option that most people seem to want, but I
am least keen on.

3) do nothing, leave things as they are.

Ofcourse, if we do either (1) or (2) we would need to set some sort of a
baseline standard that allows other repo's to be included as well ( as +
if they meet the baseline standard )

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax