[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

Alessandro Ren

alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Thu Sep 13 16:52:10 UTC 2012

On 9/13/2012 1:48 PM, Ned Slider wrote:
> One bit of feedback at LinuxCon this year from people was that we should
> ship epel with a lower barrier to entry. And I have mixed feelings about
> that. But I wanted to know what everyone else thinks about :
>

> yum repositories
> These are not supported by Scientific Linux but are here for your
> convenience.
>
> This is not installed by default.
> -- adobe-release
> -- atrpms-repo
> -- elrepo-release
> -- epel-release
> -- rpmforge-release
     I wound´t mind it this repos came installed but disabled buy
default,  I dont know, but it seems that everybody ends up installing
some of them anyway. But, if they came disabled, the vanilla CentOS
environment would not be affected without user intervention.
     CentOS would remain CentOS the same it is today.

     []s.