[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

Alan Bartlett

ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Sep 14 16:35:05 UTC 2012

On 14 September 2012 17:18, Jeff Sheltren <jeff at tag1consulting.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
>> Not a tangent, Jeff, just an explanation of why my choice is what it is.
>
> Then would you be supportive of either inclusion option for other
> repos that aren't EPEL?  You just think that repo tags on package
> names are a consideration to be taken before a certain repo is
> approved to be included?  Or where are you going with this...?

Provoke me all you like, I will not take the bait.

Please note that:

(1) I replied to KB's initial message and nothing more.
(2) It is unclear, to me, whom you were quoting with --

> "Lots of
> people use EPEL (and other 3rd party repos).  What can we do to make
> enabling those repos easier for our users?".

-- certainly not KB or Johnny Hughes. Thus your inclusion of that
quote (if it actually is a quote from somewhere above and not
something you just decided to type) is actually tangential.

Alan.