[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

Jeff Sheltren

jeff at tag1consulting.com
Fri Sep 14 16:40:43 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
> Provoke me all you like, I will not take the bait.

Alan, I'm not trying to provoke you at all; I'm sorry if it came
across that way.  I'm trying to move this conversation along so that
we can figure out the next action -- even if that next action turns
out to be "do nothing".

> Please note that:
>
> (1) I replied to KB's initial message and nothing more.
> (2) It is unclear, to me, whom you were quoting with --
>
>> "Lots of
>> people use EPEL (and other 3rd party repos).  What can we do to make
>> enabling those repos easier for our users?".

That was me paraphrasing KB's initial post.  All words are my own.
That's the discussion I thought we were having here, am I mistaken?

My question to you about allowing other repos was intended to see if
your negative response around EPEL was simply a judgement on EPEL, or
if you are saying it's not CentOS' place to include any repo
files/packages for 3rd party repos.

-Jeff