[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

Thu Sep 13 23:11:40 UTC 2012
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 09/14/2012 01:44 AM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 01:36:12AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> Nope.
> Bummer; I wanted one.
I know a few links on gerdesas.com from where you can download pony
images free of charge :)

>> And I am VERY good in telling people "We do not support that here but
>> you can ask at ..." in a polite way ( if I want to ) or in a rude way (
>> also if I want to )
> *shrug*  The point remains that shipping this is going to make users
> believe it is supported whatever wording you may care to use to the
> contrary.
And we will tell them that they are wrong. Simple enough.
Join me in #centos-social and I can tell you a fresh story about a guy
who needed not less than 5 minutes to understand that "The coach will
take you from the gas station which is 50 m from your hotel, around the
corner. The only gas station in a 5 km radius". Conversation taking
place and instructions being given to him by a guide who was a native
speaker of his own language so there were no translation errors involved.

>> Wrong. People THINK that they are entitled. Sometime they are right,
>> sometime they are wrong.
> Entitlement is always, without a single exception, wrong in an
> environment where they are getting something for free.

once again: we will tell them that they are wrong (when they are ).
Simple enough.