[CentOS-devel] a public build tool for seven

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Dec 16 09:57:15 UTC 2013

hi,

I've started the builds for centos7beta, so far its ging good ( in that
3 packages of 3 attempted have built, so its going to be a while before
we have a true picture on the state of srpms ).

What I'd like to also do is get a public instance of the buildsystem
online that allows everyone else the ability to submit their own
packages for builds against the existing rhel7b1 code and parse /
process the output ( purely for testing ).

Think of it as a getting-ready-for-seven sort of an effort.

One challenge in the mix is going to be that EPEL isnt building for EL7
as yet, and lots of people rely on EPEL for their own deps. We could
help things by pushing all of EPEL6 through, and provide feedback on the
EPEL lists....

thoughts ?

--
Karanbir Singh