[CentOS-devel] a public build tool for seven

Sun Dec 22 07:13:29 UTC 2013
Steven Crothers <steven.crothers at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 12/17/2013 04:50 PM, Steven Crothers wrote:
>> Why not run a CentOS Koji, or perhaps request access/space to the
>> Fedora Koji (unlikely)?
>>
>> Koji is the "standard" both for Fedora and EPEL, and I once heard it's
>> used internally at Red Hat as well, as far as to what extent, I have
>> no idea.
>> Steven Crothers
>> steven.crothers at gmail.com
>
> Because we don't use koji, and I don't think we want to

While I appreciate brevity and the ability to get the point without
project manager jibjab, that answer really leaves a lot to be desired
for.

SRPMs come in, RPMs come out.

Seems like the perfect solutions to me.

All you're doing is rebuilding, there is no secret sauce involved. Why
not make it easier? It'll dep solve, build everything in proper order
and build individual mock roots for each and every RPM ensuring that
the build is clean.

Curious as to why you don't want to.