[CentOS-devel] fintek watchdog driver

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Fri Feb 1 07:33:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 22:14 -0500, Mike Schmidt wrote:
> I backported the fintek watchdog driver for the F71808E watchdog timer,
> from the Fedora 2.6.38 kernel to 2.6.32 for CentOS6. It also supports It
> has been suggested that I might be inclined to contribute this driver to
> the CentOS group, and now that it has been running in the field on some
> 100 systems for over two months, I feel it is stable enough to do that.
> How would I go about contributing this driver? It is in the form of an
> RPM for CentOS6.3 at the moment. The kmod was built with mock.

Your best bet would be to try to get it included in ElRepo, which is
designed to carry exactly this kind of packages.

Otherwise, there are CentOS Plus and CentOS Extras repositories, but the
admission criteria are not very clear, so whilst your package is
definitively useful, I'm not sure whether it belongs there or not.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev