[CentOS-devel] initial testing version for DevTools 1.1

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:25:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:52 AM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> wrote:
> On 02/03/2013 11:25 PM, Dave Johansen wrote:

>>> Thanks for doing these Tru.
>>>
>>> I wonder if someone wants to take a stab at building hiphop with this
>>> stack (ref: https://github.com/facebook/hiphop-php )
>>
>> I noticed that the gmp-devel package isn't listed as a dependency of
>> devtoolset-1.1-gcc-plugin-devel even thought it appears that it should
>> be. What do I need to do to help get that fixed?
>> Thanks,
>> Dave
>>
>> Here's the conversation that identified this as the resolution to the
>> issue I ran into:
>> http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2013-February/001026.html
>
> is there anybody who can tell me how can i build an rpm with devtools in
> stead of the stock gcc? what should i've to put into the spec file?

I was planning on doing this as well, but I'm new to the whole spec
file thing so this may not be the "best" way to do it, but I was going
to set devtoolset as a dependency and then set the CXX path explicitly
in the call to ./configure.

If there's a better way than that, then please someone let me know.

Thanks,
Dave