[CentOS-devel] MariaDB now available for Testing on CentOS-6

Mon Feb 11 23:22:58 UTC 2013

hi guys,

quick start:
drop http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/mariadb/mariadb.repo into
/etc/yum.repos.d/ and yum list mariadb\*

This is adapted from the Fedora spec adapted by Johnny for CentOS-6 and
upgraded to 5.5.29; we have done some basic testing on these packages
and they worked for us. We are now looking for wider testing and
feedback about both the packaging, the payload and how its setup as well
as any build issues.

These packages are setup to replace MySQL on your machine, so be
careful. And we consider these rpms to be of Testing grade, unsuiteable
for production at this point.

Post feedback as follow up to this email, or at bugs.centos.org/

Regards,

--