[CentOS-devel] MariaDB now available for Testing on CentOS-6

Wed Feb 27 15:55:16 UTC 2013
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

the next release feature tag has been tracked into rawhide for next
> fedora release. And unless there is a policy change in EPEL, its not
> going to suiteable for there either.  Look here :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ReplaceMySQLwithMariaDB
>
> The bit that we are keen to drive towards is to bring this into place
> now, for people who want to make the switch - or to try and see if we
> can get a parallel install in place as well ( similarly percona-db is
> being worked on too )

 The EPEL 5 and 6 packages have been built in Koji - they'll probably be in
the EPEL repos in the next 48 hours or so...

Parallel install looks like it'd have to be built by CentOS as from what I
can see the intention remains upstream to replace an existing install still.