[CentOS-devel] FreeIPA functional testing

James Hogarth

james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:25:01 UTC 2013

Hi all,

The initial commit I made (not carried out pull request just yet) does the
following:
 * Installs IPA packages
 * Does automated basic configuration of server
 * Verifies kerberos tickets being issued for host/admin user
 * Tests adding a user (and checks that the initial password is expired
plus the change)

In the next few days I'm intending to add:
 * Test adding a service and getting a keytab and certificate for that
service
 * Test adding a host
 * Test adding DNS zone and records
 * Test reloading bind (regression test for RHBA-2013-0739)
 * Test sudo rules configured via IPA
 * Test deleting all the stuff added above

After that I'll issue the pull request...

Next stage subsequent to the server tests working would be client side to
tests registration against the IPA server itself...

Is there anything else that anyone can think of that would be useful to
have in the IPA test suite?

Cheers,

James