[CentOS-devel] initial testing version for DevTools 1.1

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 03:37:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 09:26:04PM -0700, Dave Johansen wrote:
> >
> > I'm writing up a spec file that depends on devtoolset and then sets
> > CXX to /opt/centos/devtoolset-1.1/root/usr/bin/g++ so that it can use
> > the compiler installed by that package. I was just wonder a few
> > things:
> > 1) Is that the "final" path? Or will it change to match the path in
> > RHEL once this development build of it moves to a permanent location?
>
> /opt/rh is currently a link to /opt/centos
> SL is using /opt/rh

OK, cool. I didn't know about the /opt/rh link, so I'll use that.

> > 2) If the answer to #1 is yes, is there a way to distinguish between
> > RHEL and CentOS in the spec file so it can use the appropriate path
> > for each of them?
> don't bother :)
>
> /opt/rh should work all the time.
>
> BTW, devtools-2 beta has been released but only to Red Hat customers,
> not yet in the public area.

Ya, I saw news about that a little bit ago. It's definitely cool that
they're making new tools available like that, but in the spec file, is
there a way to specify just to use the newer gcc from devtoolset other
than just doing CXX=<full path>? Because when the full path has to be
specified, then I have to hard code it to a specific version of the
devtoolset when in reality I would be fine with using the gcc from
devtoolset 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave