[CentOS-devel] [CentOS] OT: About rebuilding RHS and RHEV

C. L. Martinez

carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:21:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Baptiste AGASSE
<baptiste.agasse at lyra-network.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to rebuild JBoss EAP 6.0.1 (which was used bay RHEV engine) and RHEV 3.1 from SRPMs some months ago without success (missing some dependencies). I used mock. A week ago I've successfuly built JBoss EAP 6.1 Final from sources (with some little changes because Redhat don't publish some maven plugins and dependencies like slf4j, byteman, hibernate3, junit).
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Regards.
>
> ---
> Baptiste

Thanks Baptiste. After reading docs about RHEV, I have discarded
(rebuilding RHEV and RHEM is too much). But not RedHat Storage Server.
Reading about it, I see it is based in RHEL EUS 6.2.z and not RHEL 6.4
as I had been assumed.

I have located the updates that RedHat has released for RHEL 6.2.z
since Centos ceased to publish patches for 6.2 release.

My question: If I not wrong, mock uses jails or chroot environments to
rebuild packages. Can I use a CentOS 6.4 x86_64 host to rebuild all
patches released by RedHat for RHEL 6.2.z and Storage Server 2.0
without problems?? Does someone has tested?

P.D: Sorry for the cross posting to centos-devel, but maybe it is an
interesting question to publish in centos-devel list.