[CentOS-devel] another 6.4 gotcha

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Sun Mar 3 20:05:37 UTC 2013

On 03.03.2013 19:21, Joe Pruett wrote:
> something changed in the kvm audio subsystem, so a virt that was
> suspended during shutdown wouldn't resume after reboot. the logs had
> complaints of:
> savevm: unsupported version 2 for 'hda-audio' v1
> load of migration failed
> i poked around on the rh bz site and found a few hits, but they seemed
> to be related to older versions. i forced a clean boot of my vm and it
> was happy.

Sounds like expected behaviour to me; because the kvm in 6.4 is
different in significant ways it's very problematic to resume. I would
imagine live migration between the previous version in 6.3 and the one
in 6.4 will also not work. This is not something new; this kind of stuff
requires the exact same version of KVM when playing with the guest's
This is all very IMHO and AFAIK.