[CentOS-devel] another 6.4 gotcha

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Mar 3 20:33:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 12:24:48PM -0800, Joe Pruett wrote:
> it wasn't a huge deal for me since it was just a windows 7 vm on my
> desktop, but i would be quite cranky about this on a server with lots of
> client vms. maybe they wouldn't have audio and thus be unaffected, but
> forcing a reboot of all guests to facilitate an upgrade of the host
> isn't very friendly of our upstream overlords.

If this was a server with lots of VMs one would hope that proper testing
in a proper testing environment would weed out these sorts of problems
before live / production instances are in any way affected.  This is an
issue if this was not noted in the releases notes, otherwise it's just
the cost of doing business.

"The Special Olympics is to winners as FOX News is to experts.
If you show up, you are one."

-- Jon Stewart