[CentOS-devel] initial testing version for DevTools 1.1

Dave Johansen

davejohansen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 04:35:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 02/26/2013 02:39 AM, Dave Johansen wrote:
>>> that error looks like rpm failing due to a machine specific change at
>>> your end. Does a rpm -V scl-utils complete without issue ?
>>
>> I ran the command and it returned without any output, so I'm guessing
>> that's what is meant by "without issue". Anything else I can or should
>> try?
>
> Drop into irc.freenode.net #centos at some point and i am sure someone
> will work through the issue with you to/fro on email might not be the
> best idea :D

I was just on the IRC and because of the recent update to 6.4 through
the CR there was actually a newer version of scl-utils that ended up
being installed. After a little help on the IRC channel I was able to
uninstall the newer scl-utils and install the version from the
developer tools that Tru had built without any problems. So I'm not
sure what the issue was before, but it appears to be working now.

Thanks for the help,
Dave