[CentOS-devel] Missing packages in CentOS 6.4 x86_64

John Newbigin

jnewbigin at swin.edu.au
Fri Mar 22 03:25:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

This may be by design or there may be a reason for it which I don't know.

In the x86_64 repository for CentOS 6.4, the i686 version of these
packages below are not up to date. This causes yum to complain about
'Protected multilib versions'.

* iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.873-2.el6
* iscsi-initiator-utils-devel-6.2.0.873-2
* control-center-filesystem-2.28.1-38

There may be others but these are the three I had to fix manually on my
system.

I just downloaded the i686 versions from the i386 repository which seem
to work fine.

John.

--
John Newbigin | ITS Senior Analyst / Programmer
ITS | Swinburne University of Technology | Melbourne, Australia
E: jnewbigin at swin.edu.au
W: http://www.ict.swin.edu.au/staff/jnewbigin