[CentOS-devel] Missing packages in CentOS 6.4 x86_64

Fri Mar 22 11:54:39 UTC 2013
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/21/2013 10:25 PM, John Newbigin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may be by design or there may be a reason for it which I don't know.
>
> In the x86_64 repository for CentOS 6.4, the i686 version of these
> packages below are not up to date. This causes yum to complain about
> 'Protected multilib versions'.
>
> * iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.873-2.el6
> * iscsi-initiator-utils-devel-6.2.0.873-2
> * control-center-filesystem-2.28.1-38
>
> There may be others but these are the three I had to fix manually on my
> system.
>
> I just downloaded the i686 versions from the i386 repository which seem
> to work fine.
>
> John.

If you look here:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2013-0438.html

You will see no i686 RPMs for iscsi in the x86_64 tree there, where as
the i686 iscsi packages that you mention (iscsi-initiator-utils and
iscsi-initiator-utils-devel), were on the upstream isos for EL 6.0.  So,
for some reason, upstream as decided to remove the i686 packages from
the x86_64 tree and we followed suit.  We did it more for repo closure
purposes than following the upstream tree.

For control-center-filesystem.i686, I can not find that on any upstream
x86_64 isos (so we should likely not have had it there in the first
place), but it is not in the x86_64 tree here:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2012-0950.html

So, the packages being removed is the current upstream state, and is
likely where we ought to be.